Heroin is an extremely common drug of abuse in the United States. Roughly over 1 million people have reported using heroin within the last year. Luckily, many effective forms of treatment exist to help people overcome their addiction to heroin and other opioids. Professional treatment has helped many wishing to recover from mild to severe heroin addiction and achieve long-term abstinence from this drug. People suffering from a substance use disorder (SUD) may spend significant time searching for heroin or other drugs. Professional treatment interventions can keep people safe and comfortable during detox/rehab and promote lasting sobriety through long-term recovery.
If you need FREE help or have Medical or Medicaid insurance please contact the National Helpline about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, treatment, and recovery in English and Spanish.
When an individual is addicted to heroin, quitting cold turkey is dangerous. Because their body has become dependent on the substance of abuse, they will experience symptoms of withdrawal if they abruptly quit using prescription drugs.
Medical detox is designed to help individuals overcome their symptoms of withdrawal in a safe and controlled medical setting. Rather than suffering through severe and potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, medical detox programs provide their patients with tapering medications and life-saving medical treatments.
The length of a detox program depends on a variety of factors, including:
- The type of prescription drug that was abused
- How long the individual was addicted
- How much of the drug the individual was taking at once
- Whether the individual abused additional substances
- Whether the individual has co-occurring mental health conditions or medical conditions to address
- Age, weight, gender, and additional medical history
Typically, detox lasts anywhere from 5 days to 14 days depending on the individual’s needs.
Inpatient heroin rehab programs are the most intensive form of addiction treatment. These programs require patients to reside and attend treatment sessions at the facility. This allows staff members to provide patients with 24/7 monitoring, support, and care.
Services offered during an inpatient program for prescription drug addiction include:
- A thorough assessment of medical, substance abuse, and mental health history
- Individual therapy
- Group counseling
- Specialized counseling groups for specific issues (i.e. trauma-informed groups or family therapy groups)
- Access to medical and psychiatric care
- Random drug testing
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment when applicable
- Relapse prevention planning and continued care options
- 12-step facilitation groups
Typically, inpatient rehab lasts anywhere from 30 days to 90 days depending on the individual’s needs.
Find a Heroin Detox /Rehab Program in Los Angeles, California
If you or a loved one suffer from heroin addiction, professional treatment is necessary. Thankfully, there are tons of options when it comes to treatment programs for addiction. At Crosspointe recovery, we offer medical detox programs and inpatient rehab programs. In other words, we are at Crosspointe recovery equipped to provide you or your loved one with a full continuum of inpatient care. Contact us today!